Pope Francis sacked conservative Cardinal Müller
with the excuse that he no longer intends to prolong roles in the curia beyond five years.
Sandro Magister has published a list of curial employees, whose five-year term expires soon:
• liberal Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, 74, on September 1
• liberal Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, 74, on September 3
• liberal Dean of the Roman Rota, Pio Vito Pinto, 76, on September 23
• conservative master of Ceremonies Monsignor Guido Marini, 52, on October 1
• conservative Archbishop Georg Gänswein, 60, on December 7.