Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven, and the pains of hell; but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen.
The Chaplet of Saint Michael the Archangel
O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father, etc.
(Say one Our Father and three Hail Marys after each of the following nine salutations in honor of the nine Choirs of Angels)
1. By the intercession of Saint Michael and the celestial Choir of Seraphim may the Lord make us worthy to burn with the fire of
perfect charity. Amen.
2. By the intercession of Saint Michael and the celestial Choir of Cherubim may the Lord grant us the grace to leave the ways of wickedness and run in the paths of Christian perfection. Amen.
3. By the intercession of Saint Michael and the celestial Choir of Thrones may the Lord infuse into our hearts a true and sincere spirit of humility. Amen.
4. By the intercession of Saint Michael and the celestial Choir of Dominions may the Lord give us grace to govern our senses and subdue our unruly passions. Amen.
5"By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial choir of Powers, may the Lord vouchsafe to protect our souls against the snares and temptations of the devil.
6. "By the intercession of St. Michaeland the Celestial choir of Virtues,may the Lord preserve us from evil,and suffer us not to fall into temptation.
7"By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial choir of Principalities, may God fill our souls with a true spirit of obedience.
8. By the intercession of Saint Michael and the celestial Choir of Archangels may the Lord give us perseverance in faith and in all good works in order that we may gain the glory of Paradise. Amen.
9"By the intercession of St. Michaeland the Celestial choir of Angels, may the Lord grant us to be protected by them in this mortal life and conducted hereafter to eternal glory.
(Now pray one Our Father in honor of each of the following Angels: Saint Michael, Saint Gabriel, Saint Raphael and our Guardian Angel.
The Chaplet is concluded with the following prayers:
"O glorious Prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King, and our admirable conductor, thou who dost shine with excellence and superhuman virtue,vouchsafe to deliver us from all evil, who turn to thee with confidence, and enable us by thy gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day.
V. Pray for us, O Glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ.
R. That we may be made worthy of His Promises.
"Almighty and everlasting God, who by a prodigy of Goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men,hast appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael, Prince of Thy Church, make us worthy, we beseech Thee, to be delivered by his powerful protection from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of our death, but that we may be conducted by him into the august presence of Thy Divine Majesty. This we beg through the merits of Jesus Christ our Lord.